Fusionx963 takes the role of the mysterious Dr. W. D. Gaster in UserTale. Not much is known about him, but he was presumably responsible for the creation of the CORE and he was also presumably responsible for the Determination Extractor and some of the early determination experiments. Due to an incident involving his experiments, he was scattered across space time in a void where he doesn't exist.
Fusion is a calm, and collected skeleton. He is one to use his wits before rushing into battle. He is also very reclusive and elusive. The only people who know about his existence are TheNitroFlamer and Corly. He communicates with them on the Undernet under the username Fusionx963. In the Neutral and Pacifist run, there is a 1 in 3 chance that he will appear in Waterfall. If you approach him, he will disappear and give you 2 letters, one for TNF and the other for Corly.
Dr. Fusion wears a white lab coat, a red tie, gray pants and dark gray shoes. He has a black cross pattée (✠) and a Taurus symbol (♉) on either side of his lab coat. He also has his signature cracks on his skull and holes in his hands.
Weapons and Abilities
Fusion has the power to summon skull-like weapons known as Gaster Blasters. These do tremendous damage.
He can use different letters in Wingdings 1 as harmful bullets. He can use Bombs (💣︎) which is an uppercase "M" in wingdings. He can use Snowflakes (❄) to freeze the opponent's SOUL in place. The snowflake is a capital "T" in wingdings. He makes it rain water in the bullet board. These raindrops (💧︎) turn the SOUL blue and are a capital "S".
Two hands, left and right, appear on either side of the bullet board. Both these hands have holes in the palms. And from these holes come smaller hands. These hands are the letters "A" through "I" in wingdings.
A medium-sized diamond shape (◆) will appear in the bullet board. This diamond will then split into 4 parts (❖) and each part will bounce off the sides of the bullet board (⬥). These are the letters "u", "v", and "w" respectively.
|Entry in Wingdings|
|Translation of Wingdings text|
|Letter in Neutral/Pacifist Routes with Translation|
|Message in Genocide Route with Translation|
- You are an anomaly. No, you are THE anomaly. And because of your genocidal nature, YOU MUST DIE!! [Attack 1]
- You will kill every monster. [Attack 2]
- You will kill every human. [Attack 3]
- You have killed SO MANY, you are no longer fully human. Isn't that right? [Attack 4]
- You know you can't kill me, right? The most HP you'll ever get is 99. Me? I have HP in the high hundred THOUSANDS. [Attack 5]
- I have seen many timelines. Ones where you have killed here and there, ones where you have never killed anyone, even ones where monsters go free. [Attack 6]
- It is a shame that this timeline is not one of those. [Attack 7]
- We do not have to do this, you know? [Attack 8]
- I know you are capable of being a good person. I know that you do not want this. You are not entirely corrupted. I can see that. If there is any good whatsoever in your human heart, please... Show some mercy. [Normal spare dialogue]
- You're sparing me? I knew there was good inside you. It just took some time to listen to your conscience again. I know it must be hard for you, to give up everything you've worked so hard for, but the the benefits completely outweigh the costs. I know just what you need. Or rather.. DON'T need! [Spare]
- Nevermind then. [Attack 9]
- I don't understand. Why do have this urge to essentially kill anything that moves? [Attack 10]
- It is fairly obvious that the consequences are there. [Attack 11]
- Are you not in control of your own body? Is some outside force or third party making you do these things? Something tells me that this is not far from the truth. [Attack 12]
- What is your motive? Do you see the underground as a chance for power or dominance? I got news for you. What's the point in being the ruler of the Underground if there's nothing to rule over but dust? Also, the people would not hesitate to form a rebellion if there were any left. [Attack 13]
- Well, I'm certain that there would be at least one ghost who would find it in them to strike you down. [Attack 14]
- Were you not loved by your parents? Were you ABUSED by them? Growing up in violence, knowing ONLY violence? If I remember correctly, there was a certain somebody down here more than willing to take you in, raise you as her own. You know who I'm talking about; I can see it in your eyes! [Attack 15]
- Did you not have any friends? I distinctly remember a certain monster who, even after all your kills, found the strength to cast it aside. To believe in you, and call you his friend. [Attack 16]
- Maybe you were a bully on the surface. And you view the Underground as just one giant schoolyard full of nerds right for the bullying. [Attack 17]
- Wait. Remember how I said that you shouldn't be attacking when the consequences are clearly there? Maybe I've got this all wrong. Perhaps the consequences are PRECISELY why you do this. Perhaps this is a way you get your thrills: by others' attacks. Listen. I've got some equipment. Spare me, and I will subject you to attacks fitting to a thrill seeker like you. Attacks which have never been seen before. [Attack 18]
- Fusionx963 was originally going to use his Rescuetale Gaster picture.
- In battle, Fusion references many monsters in the Underground.
- The "ghost who would find it in them to strike you down" is referencing Napstablook, who in the Undertale fangame "Determination" fights you if you select Cry enough times.
- The "certain somebody down here more than willing to take you in, raise you as her own" is an obvious reference to Toriel, who is motherly and does not want the protagonist to leave.
- The "certain monster who, even after all your kills, found the strength to cast it aside. To believe in you, and call you his friend" is referencing Papyrus, who still spares you even in the Genocide Route.
- The symbols on his lab coat have meanings behind them. The cross pattée (✠) is an uppercase "X" in Wingdings 1. The Taurus symbol (♉) referencing Fusionx963's astrological zodiac sign, Taurus the Bull. The Taurus symbol is also an underscore "_" in Wingdings 1.