This is an overview of the policy of spam. Spam isn't tolerated on the wiki.
Wiki-wide, this is the definition:
Be aware that it is up to the reporting admin to decide whether something falls into one of these definitions.
- Saying random statements without a legitimate reason.
- Extremely long comments that don't actually say anything (same phrase repeated over and over again/is completely blank)
- Posting images that are unrelated to the subject.
- Posting morbid or Gruesome images without warning are also spam.
- Posting low quality images is also spam.
- Talking about your real-world problems without a strict legitimate reason. In Live!Chat when privately messaging another user would be the only legitimate reason to talk about your real-world problems.
- Creating a forum thread telling the wiki that you are leaving.
Along with the basic spam rules, remember to follow the rules of the board, and stay on topic to the thread.
Posting on forum threads after 14 days can count as spam without permission from a mini-admin or above.
Users can set up some basic guidelines on their walls. If these guidelines are broken repeatedly, action can be taken.
Categories that are added without providing a benefit in organization of articles is spam. It is to be avoided, along with stuff like:
- Pointless Categories
- Duplicate categories (two or more for the same thing)
- Single-Article categories
Commenting is more lenient, but the rules still apply. Also, one who is commenting must post something related to the article, or if not replying to something else. If someone is replying, they must use the reply button.
- Simply commenting to post hate or to complain about an AU being "cancerous" is not productive and is considered spam, and is a blockable offense.
We are the American Wiki, so English is the default language here. Posting in other languages is usually spam, unless there is a good reason.
- A translation is provided, preferably with Template:Translate.
- You're speaking with someone who knows the language.
- It is a Place name (English still has to be defaulted)
- Pointless things such as going on a rant about leaving the wiki. If you want to leave, then leave.