About the AU
After the fall of his two sons, instead of declaring war on humanity, Asgore fell into a depression, soon becoming too absorbed in his grief to rule his kingdom. Soon, the Royal Guard overthrows the Dreemur family, and over time the rule of the Royal Guard begins to drastically alter the Underground. They have 6 souls. And with a human spotted in the Ruins, the 7th might be coming soon...
- After overthrowing the king, the Royal Guard began to get rid of people who were still loyal to the fallen king. After Gaster, the ex-Royal Scientist, was thrown into the CORE, a malfunction occurred and Toriel was able to escape, but not before having CORE liquid spilled onto her...
- ...And once she returns to the RUINS, she trips and falls into a bed of flowers. Due to contamination, some of the flowers bond to her body, although they do not seem to be dangerous. She was later found by Asgore, and the two set up home in the RUINS.
- Flowey is shocked but intrigued by how everything has played out, but tends to act more heartless due to Asriel feeling like it's all his fault, thus causing a much more pessimistic view.
- Toriel still leads Frisk through the RUINS, but now Asgore lives in Home, in shock over how he and his kingdom has fallen. He blames himself for everything and nearly takes it out on Frisk when they try to leave, replacing the Toriel fight. The fight ends when Toriel finds Asgore and calms him down, at which point Toriel says Frisk should leave.
- There's a secret rebellion group against the Royal Guard led by Toriel and Asgore.
- Sans, the ex-assistant of Gaster, is part of the rebellion, wearing a Delta Rune t-shirt underneath his hoodie. After being thrown into the CORE and becoming trapped in the void, Gaster tried to communicate with Sans, accidentally showing Sans the multiverse, causing a crack to form in his eye. This causes Sans to become a nervous wreck over the scale of said multiverse, and he tends to space out or stop halfway through a pun.
- Papyrus is sheltered from most of what the Royal Guard does by Sans and Undyne, but has recently begun to piece things together after being attacked for discussing how cool the Royal Guard is as leaders.
- Undyne was originally the head of the Royal Guard in the overthrowing, but after learning of the executions and after seeing them abuse Alphys, the Royal Guard's scientist, she quits and becomes a vigilante. She wears a delta rune bandanna, and is more determined from wanting to stop the Royal Guard.
- Alphys is mentally tortured, both by the abuse the Royal Guards give her for her failed experiments (see: Amalgamates and failed attempts to bring them to the surface) and the guilt of the Amalgamates, until it eventually broke her into more of a mad scientist mindset. She converted the half-ruined CORE into a freakshow, showcasing the Amalgamates and her greatest creation...
- Mettablook. After finding and capturing two ghosts, she built a body for the two of them...key word being a body. They're forced to share, and over time have slowly worn down their identities to the point that by the time Frisk finds them, they're basically bipolar.
- Muffet was put in debt by the Royal Guard's taxes, and is hiding from "collectors". She's lost two of her arms, and can only summon two lines during her battle instead of the standard 3. Her pet is also faster due to eating less.
- The CORE is half-destroyed due to a meltdown, forcing you to take detours that lead you up close and personal to the Amalgamates in the Freakshow.
- New Home was mostly demolished during the overthrowing of Asgore, but was left as a symbol of the Royal Guard's power. The Throne Room was expanded, becoming a new castle for the Royal Guards. Frisk's fights with the Royal Guard uses each SOUL type:
- Doggo uses Blue SOUL Mode.
- Lesser Dog uses Green SOUL Mode.
- Dogaressa and Dogamy use the Purple and Yellow SOUL Modes.
- Greater Dog uses Red SOUL Mode.
- In a Neutral run, you cannot spare Greater Dog.
- In a Pacifist run, you have to survive 10 turns before the battle ends.
- In Sans's genocide battle, at the point where he "spares" you, you actually hit him. But instead of dying, he snaps, causing him to become soulless due to his exposure to other timelines. He attacks with reckless abandon, becoming more difficult but not lasting as many rounds before he falls apart.