|* This page may reveal certain spoilers for the AU, please keep that in mind when reading it....|
About the AU
- Waterfall, Snowdin, and New Home are renamed to SoulFall, Souldin, and Soul Home.
- Frisk is the eighth human to fall down Mount Ebott. Their purpose was to escape the angry villagers who mistaked them for a monster, due to their strange monster-like appearance. Frisk's SOUL is Determination.
- Napstablook is a ghost and the cousin of Mettaton. They are depressed and shy. Their SOUL is patience, since they are nice and polite to the protagonist.
- Toriel is the caretaker of the Ruins. Her SOUL is kindness, due to her warm, welcoming personality, to humans and monsters (and cats).
- The dog members of the Royal Guard had their species changed to cat monsters, to accommodate to the story.
- The Rejected Creation is a cat-robot designed to capture SOULs. He instead destroyed SOULs, instead of capturing them, which was his main purpose, thus forcing the creator to reject him. He used to be powered by a SOUL, now it's unknown what powers him.
Long ago, two races ruled over the Earth: Humans and Monsters. One day, a war broke out between the two races and after a long series of battle, the humans were victorious. The greatest of their magicians confined the monsters to the Underground with a magic barrier. However, this barrier is not a perfect barrier. Many years after the war, in 201X, a human child climbs Mount Ebott to escape the humans who want to kill them, due to their monster like appearance.
The protagonist starts off their adventure in the Ruins and soon meets Meowey, a sentient flower who attempts to kill the protagonist for his own amusement. He is thwarted by a motherly monster named Toriel, who teaches the child how to solve puzzles and resolve conflicts in the Underground. After a boss fight with her, she allows the child to exit the Ruins.
- A list of SOUL traits the monsters identify as
|Sans||Patience (Justice if Genocide)|
|Papyrus||Integrity (Bravery if killed)|
|Lesser & Greater Cat||Patience|
|Soul Ghosts||Determination (Perseverance if it absorbed soul)|