About the AU
The plot of Patroltale revolves around the changes that had occurred in Underground thanks to Cursed Statue, and the Time Patrols' involvement in an attempt to fix problems that statue has caused. Statue is not original to this AU, but was sent there through Space and Time by a Demon God known as "Tabasc" . With assistance of Ink!Sans, in order to save the AU from falling in complete darkness, Time Patrol sends one of their patrollers to the AU to deal with The Fragment, and to destroy it. Time Patroller arrives to the universe around the same time as Eighth Human falls into the Underground...
Thanks to appearance of the Cursed Statue (or "The Fragment", as it is known in Universe it originated from), several changes have occurred in AU :
- After Chara 's death, Asriel never took his soul, as it was consumed by the Cursed Statue.
- When a Monster or a Human dies, their dust/soul is consumed by the statue. This strengthens the Shadows, increasing their LOVE.
- W.D. Gaster never did fall to the Core.
- Monsters have abondoned the Capital and Hotlands, both which are now over-run by Shadows.
- Both Mettaton and Napstablook have robot bodies.
- Papyrus is a member of the Royal Guard, and Sans works with W. D. Gaster , trying to figure out the weakness of the Shadows.
- Trench : Human chosen by the Time Patrol to find Tabasc's Fragment, and then destroy it. There were four reasons he was chosen for the Mission :
- He is skilled in close combat, and with weapons.
- His Power Level is relatively low, so he could not cause permanent damage to the AU.
- Being awful in Energy Blasts, there was no risk that he would bring entire Mt. Ebott down by accident.
- He was from a race that could be found from the AU, being pure human.
Trench's soul is rather unusual, as it appears to be colorless, much like a glass heart. According to W. D. Gaster, said soul should not even exist in the universe... APATHY.
- Frisk : Eight fallen human, who first questions Trench's motives, but eventually agrees to help him. Possesses DETERMINATION. However, unlike most Frisks, she does not have ability to perform a "RESET" but has "REWIND" - Ability to recall time backwards, though ability does not come without a price...
- Chara : First Fallen Human. His soul was first one to be consumed. After his soul was taken, his body was placed on stasis, in hopes of reviving him once his soul has been reclaimed. Has not ages since the incident.
- Undyne : Captain of the Guard, lost one of her eyes while fighting Shadows.
- Papyrus : Member of the Royal Guard, who has been assigned to keep watch for Fallen Humans, and to protect them. Younger son of W. D. Gaster.
- Sans : Older son of W. D. Gaster, who helps his father in research of the Shadows. Lazy, loves puns, and agrees to join Frisk and Trench for journey.
- Alphys : Assistant of Royal Scientist, a bit shy. Has crush on Undyne.
- W. D. Gaster : Royal Scientist. Works tirelessly to find a way to defeat Shadows and to free the monsters from Underground.
- Asgore : King of Monsters, and the one who discovered the Cursed Statue first. Has sworn to protect his people from it, and break free from the Underground.
- Asriel : Son of Toriel and Asgore. Wishes to recover Chara's and other Children's Souls.
- Toriel : Queen of Monsters, and wife of Asgore.
- The Fragment : Also known as "The Cursed Statue", fragment of Gargaion 's power. Originally meant to absorb only negative energy from world it was sent, but after being sent to the Underground, it had to resort to different sources of energy: LOVE, Souls and Dust.
- Arial : More information coming soon...
- Shadows : Monsters made from almost pure negative energy, created for sole purpose of gathering LOVE. Soulless.
- Shadow Chara : Strongest of the Living Shadows, created to resemble Chara. Possesses little DETERMINATION, and seems to posess ability to predict his opponents moves.
- Dark Echo : Pitch-black Echo Flower that serves as a "Voice" of Statue. There are multiple of them, and even if destroyed, new ones will just take their place.
- Acolytes : Servants of The Fragment, who have made contract with it in exchange of power, and are usually carrying one. There are eight known Acolytes.
- Roman Fletcher : Military General and descendant of the one of the wizards who sealed monsters to the Underground, INTEGRITY.
- Archer : Descendant of the original PERSEVERANCE soul. Much like Trench, he is a professional hitman and expert of close-quarters combat. He fell to the Core - This caused him to become being like Core!Frisk, allowing him almost freely travel between AU's. It is yet unknown if he did this was an accident, or if he did jump to the Core on purpose...
- 6 yet unnamed Acolytes.
- This is my first Undertale AU... I hope you like it. I was thinking to name it Xenotale at first, but the name was already taken.