Altertale Papyrus is the king of the Underground who is responsible for the deaths of every fallen child. He is burdened with guilt and yearns for forgiveness, and the chance to see his brothers again.
Papyrus dons an orange cloak with yellow accents. He has the typical whiter skin color of skeletons with no hair. His pupils are presumably regularly white, but glow red when he utilizes his powers, similar to Undertale San's blue and yellow eye glowing.
- Sent out search parties to try and find Sans.
- Is a boss monster.
- Asgore personality prevails over the original Papyrus personality.
- King of the underground and responsible for the death of 6 fallen children. Burdened with a great sense of guilt for what happened. He deeply wants forgiveness and to see his brothers again.
- The younger brother of Sans, and the older brother of Gaster.
- Still use bones and "Blue Heart" , but now wields a trident while fighting.
- Does not use Gaster Blasters.
- Can use telekinesis.
- When using his strength, his eyes glow red.
- Has lived in the castle completely alone for many years.
- Despite that he killed the fallen children, is actually a very nice and kind monster who cares about his family and the monsters in the underground.
- Wears red instead of Asgore's purple.
- He has a blue trident.
- He is not fond of puns, but accepts them more than UT! Papyrus.
- He loves to cook spaghetti.
- Offers you spaghetti before you battle him.
- At the end of a Pacifist Route, Sans forgives Papyrus, but it took much longer to restore the relationship.
- Probably hundreds of years old, but looks about 30.
- Papyrus no longer speaks in all uppercase.