Outertale is an AU where Undertale is in a space setting. The characters all have star-themed attire, attacks, and themes (music). There are many capes and long draping clothes, much of which is white, gold, and deep blue like the night sky.
About the AU
The official canon of Outertale is stated to follow the exact same theme as the Undertale game’s playthrough, however, the human vs monster war resulted in monsters being banished into space (specifically on a moon) instead of the underground.
Essentially, the Pacifist, Neutral, and Genocide routes apply here as well, and character personalities are the same as they are in Undertale.
Monsters turn into stardust when they die.
- Frisk: Still the main protagonist, Frisk crash landed into the Ebott Quadrant. They are one of the humans that has done that in the past.
- Twinkly : Flowey is a star in Outertale And named Twinkly the star.
- Toriel: Toriel is one of the major characters of Outertale. She saves the protagonist from Flowey and guides them through the Caverns.
- Sans: Sans is the older brother of Papyrus and a major character in Outertale.
- Papyrus: Papyrus is one of the main protagonists in this AU and, as in most other AUs, he is the younger brother of Sans. He is also very similar to his Undertale counterpart, since he is also extremely annoyed by jokes and puns. Outertale Papyrus and Undertale Papyrus are almost identical in every aspect besides their clothes.
- Asgore: Asgore, just like in Undertale, is The King. He has the same personality.
- Alphys: Alphys is still the Royal scientist for Asgore. She is also a space-based anime fan, as well as a sci-fi nerd.
- Undyne: Undyne is still a Boss fight in Outertale. She wears something similar to her normal outfit in Undertale and still becomes Undyne The Undying in Genocide.
- Metatron: Metatron is The Outertale Version of Mettaton. Metatron is still a robot with a SOUL and was built by Alphys. Initially poised as an entertainment robot turned human-killing robot, it is later revealed that he only acted as such. Metatron is the sole television star of the Ebott Quadrant.
- Chara/The first Human: Chara (pronounced with a silent H) was the first human to crash-land in the Ebbot Quadrant. Chara is also the human that the player names at the start of the game, not the controllable character who is played throughout the entirety of Outertale.
- Asriel: Asriel Dreemurr (typically /ˈæzriəl ˈdriːmər/) is the biological child of Toriel and Asgore and the adoptive brother of the first human. He serves as the final boss of the True Pacifist Route, just like in Undertale.
- Mettaton’s heart is gold and glittery encased in stardust.
- Grillby is blue and purple with slight orange.
- Alphys is a space-based anime fan, as well as a sci-fi nerd.
- Greater and Lesser dog are called “Canis Major (for Greater Dog) and Canis Minor (for Lesser Dog)”.
- Snowdin is called “Stardin”.
- Waterfall is called "Aurorafall".
- Refusing Chara’s offer on a Genocide run results in Frisk being trapped in a black hole.
- Glamburgers are called “Galaburgers”.
- Souls are hearts with stars in them.
- Laying on the floor with Napstablook results in a room forming.
- Everyone can planet hop fast travel.
- Frisk visits many little planets on their travels.
- Outertale is one of the only AUs with a complete soundtrack.
- The soundtrack was composed by Jeffrey Watkins.
- It is one of few AUs liked by Error!Sans.