In Islandtale, fan characters take similar roles to the ones in Undertale. For example, instead of Flowey a snake-like monster called "Sneakster" teaches the basics of the game because "It's no fun killing someone who can't defend themself!"
The main character of Islandtale is not Frisk, but another human with a DETERMINATION soul. It is unknown what there name is at this time, since the creator of the AU hasn't thought of it
- (Flowey) - Sneakster
- (Frisk) - unnamed human
- (Toriel) - Apollo
- (Napstablook) - Nick
- (sans) - Daniel
- (Papyrus) - Natalie
- (Nice cream guy) - tba
- K9 unit - The cat scratch game
- (Doggo) - Pawster
- (dogamy and dogaressa) - Cater
- (Lesser dog) - Meowtain
- (Greater dog) - Claw
- (Annoying dog) - Annoying Cat
- (Grillby) - (IDEA) Keyan, Island bartender
- (Snowdin shopkeeper) - Snowpeak shopkeeper
- (Monster kid) - tba
- (Undyne) - tba
- (Mad dummy) - tba
- (Gerson) - tba
- (Riverperson) - Island ferry; carries travellers around the island for a fee.
- (TeMMie) - ToMMie; A dog-cat mixture that looks almost exactly like temmie and talks exactly like temmie, except it wears a hawaiian shirt.
- (Alphys) - Gavin
- (Mettaton) - 'Metal finger'
- (Muffet) - TBA
- (So sorry) - probably doesn't exist
- (Royal guards) - Island security
- (Burgerpants) - tba
- (Bratty and Catty) - tba
- (Asgore) - Buff mayor with a shotgun [don't have a name yet]
- (Asriel) - TBA
- (Chara) - isle
- (W. D. Gaster) - *Redacted*
- Island council:
- (The Underground) The island - an island in the bermuda triangle. A powerful storm surrounds the island.
- (The ruins) Ruined Docks - the old docks. All entrances have collapsed.
- (Snowdin) Snowpeak - snow-topped hills, filled with ancient traps. Snowpeak town is located here.
- (Waterfall) Green Root forest - a lush rainforest full of secrets.
- (hotland) Neo city - a large city at the center of the island.
- (MTT resort) ETAN Clock tower - a western-themed hotel.
- (CORE) MT. ETAN - a dormant volcano, home a large geo-thermal reactor.
- (New home) City hall - a giant cruise ship in the middle of a city, home of the Mayor.
- (The surface) The mainland - Literally everything but the island.
Long ago, HUMANS and MONSTERS had a great war. Some, however, disapproved of the war. They fled to a remote island. There, they used a powerful artifact to create a storm around the island to protect themselves. Unfortunately, the artifact shattered into seven pieces in the process and scattered across the island. This created a storm, which made it impossible to escape the island.
Soon after, the crystal prophecy was formed, which stated that the artifact fragments would be reunited buy a broken soul and destroy the storm. a few of the fragments were found, but they bonded to the souls of those who found them. the only way remove them would be to destroy the owner's soul.
Eventually, full a government was formed. In this government, one representative from every major area became part of the island council. There would also be a Mayor, who would propose laws to the council for them to approve.
(IDEA) The artifact is not reunited but the human and Sneakster escape to the mainland. Daniel calls the human and tells them how the island is doing without its mayor. Even though they are handling it badly, Daniel believes that the monsters and humans remaining on the island will eventually be free.
(IDEA) The human reunites the artifacts and lifts the curse upon the island, allowing the monsters, with the mayor, to sail on his cruise ship back to the mainland. The monsters then discover that humans and monsters made peace once again, and that they have similar characters to themselves living there already.
The human rages throughout the Island, killing everyone; eventually stealing the artifact fragments and destroying the Island and moving on to the mainland.