This page has been brought up to standards by an Admin/Bureaucrat, and now checks out. Please try not to mess it up.
Dancetale is an Undertale AU that is parallel to the main world of Undertale, but instead of attacks, all the characters have a unique dance style that the main character must follow to avoid being injured.
Every Monster is dressed according to their dance type, and their theme/fight music is adapted to fit their own dance.This is only fanmade by Teandatars.
Dancetale was created by Teandstars and Sterrenschijnse.
Generally, in this AU, Frisk is viewed as female, but is still referred to as "they".
Frisk, upon falling down into the underground of Mt. Ebott, didn't originally know how to dance, but was taught the basics by Toriel and picked up dances from the other monsters they encounter. The dance they personally prefer is ballet, because of how calm they are.
In the words of the author, "When two monsters dance, their SOULs resonate. If compatible, a stronger bond is formed between the two. (Along with better understanding, empathy, respect, and love [platonic or romantic]). It doesn’t matter if the dance style is the same; if they are compatible, their styles will meld, creating a balanced, harmonious dance." An example of this is if Sans and Papyrus danced together, it might be a Hip-hop style dance with elements of Latin dance, or vice versa.
Monsters are born with the ability to dance. It’s instinctive. Like love and compassion, it’s a big part of their soul. Each monster specializes in a certain style of dancing…this is their “main dance”. However, monsters are not limited to one dance; they may know two or more. Others seem to excel in multiple dances, but what they choose as their main dance is up to them. Though all monsters have the ability to dance, some choose not to. It’s all about preference
It is customary for monsters to bow before dancing. It is taken as a polite gesture before taking part in the dance. But, if you don’t bow, it’s okay. No one will get mad at you. It would be rude not to finish the dance, though.
- Performs ballet.
- Wears the Old Tutu.
- Viewed as female, but still referred to as "they"
- Frisk knows how to dance ballet because of Chara. There’s this sort of magic that lingers with these monsters, and this magic allows the gift of dancing to anyone, even humans. Frisk got the ability to dance because of the exposure to the magic. But, because they fell on the bed of flowers where Chara was buried, Frisk’s dance became somewhat by the lingering essence of Chara. Ballet, which is (kind of) similar to, but the opposite of modern dance.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz_f9B4pPtg
- Performs freestyle modern Dances, that includes tricks and back flips, like how Sans does his dance.
- Wears a black jacket with a black tank top with black pants.
- Chara does manipulate Frisk’s body. The thing here, though–since their SOULs are linked you can catch Chara dancing ballet in combat–but unwillingly. Chara is mostly in control of both the body and the soul, of course, but Frisk still has some power, and they use that power to try to rebel against Chara’s doings through unexpected ballet moves. It’s Frisk’s way of trying to stop Chara and help Sans (In this AU, anyway.) After all, Chara’s dance is, I guess, somewhat the opposite of ballet. Modern dance is meant to rebel against ballet, but this time Frisk is turning it around.
Тoriel, Asgore, Asriel
- Do Waltz and other ballroom dancing
- In some versions Asriel comes to the surface with the other monsters
- Toriel wears her gown, but with a swirling skirt
- Asgore wears a collared shirt, fancy dress pants, and his king's cloak over it
- Asriel, being a child, is dressed normally.
- Asriel excelled at the waltz. He’s known to be very mesmerizing when he dances. He’s also known to make others feel happier after dancing with him.
- Toriel hasn’t danced in awhile since Frisk came along. (So has Asgore)
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1o31fsZxCc
- Performs Hip-hop, including tricks and break-dancing (and still does puns).
- Generally doesn't use physically active moves unless he is fighting Chara, or dancing with Papyrus.
- Sans wears a blue hoodie, a white t-shirt underneath, black sweatpants/shorts with a white line down either pant leg, and casual sneakers.
- Sans prefers to dance with his hood over his head, because he feels shy and self-conscious about dancing in front of anyone other than Papyrus.
- Some fans say that he likes Frisk, though this has not been confirmed nor denied.
- Sans used to be an avid dancer; science isn’t the only thing he’s passionate about. However, upon gaining knowledge of the resets, he stopped. He’s more graceful that you would think.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hqp0tai_qs
- Performs Latin dance (Tango, Salsa, etc).
- He dances with Frisk platonically, but greatly enjoys dancing with them.
- Wears white Latin-dance shirt, brown pressed pants, tap-dancing shoes, and a red rose in his left breast pocket.
- In some interpretations, he wears black pressed pants.
- Also, sometimes he has a rose in his mouth while dancing.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9qkM_UTgDY (The link was Copyrighted with limited data I Strongly Believe this is the same video)
- Performs Fire dance and Salsa
- Wears outfit similar to that of Papyrus, but adapted to resemble bartender outfit, adding a tie and other various details.
- Works at Grillby's
- In some interpretations grillby does roller-skating dancing
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWZ-Fg2kL0 / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq0W0ZV-6N4
- Performs Hip-hop (J-pop, K-pop, and Jazz influenced, generally verging on punk music)
- Wears high-top and sweatpants
- In some interpretations, Undyne performs Capoeira (a dance-Martial Art hybrid)
- Undyne loves to do the Capoeira (her dance). She’s a powerhouse, I mean, she suplexes a boulder cause she can. She tries to get Pap to do it too, except he gets too excited and ends up doing the cha cha, much to her dismay.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XiyENUL_kA
- Performs Hip-hop (J-pop and K-pop influenced, much closer to bubblegum pop music than hard rock)
- Wears usual lab coat, but with Japanese armband
- When she’s nervous, Alphys dances to anime songs to let off steam. (Undyne does this too, when she’s stressed.)
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5G5bD2Do-k
- Performs Contemporary/Jazz to his own songs, generally consisting of posing in various ways
- Wears MTT brand-name high-top and skinny pants
- works at MTT news (mostly owns it)
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TZYvud_ngY
- Performs Chinese Lion dance
- In some interpretations, Temmies dance Conga line
- Their songs stay mostly the same, for example, their fight theme, Temmie village music, and Temmie shop theme.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJusyaRAq1I
- Performs Ballroom dancing along with the Waltz.
- Doesn't show up much in Dancetale.
- In most interpretations, Gaster wears his usual black cloak with a white sweater underneath.
- Gaster has the same link as the Dreamers
- Performs Tarantella/Tapdancing
- Muffet's dance style is obviously a pun (Tarantella the dance, tarantula the spider)
- Wears similar outfit, but with tap-dancing shoes.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trCrFGUdHNw / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAU8eBek_NU
- Dances swing
- Mettaton as a ghost also danced swing, along Mad Dummy and their cousin as well
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtubThe ghost cousins loved to dance a lot before they went their separate wayse.com/watch?v=q0htEqpnKUE (this one is labeled Ghosts)
- Performs Jive
- Wears his usual clothing
- In some interpretations, he does a figure skating dancing.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KChBpxOA1M
- Performs Interpretive dance along with Jazz Hands
- Wears orange T-shirt and casual black pants, along with his usual work hat.
- Official Dance Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vnMdFmZ3P8