This page has been brought up to standards by an Admin/Bureaucrat, and now checks out. Please try not to mess it up.
* Is this name correct?
* CORETale has not been given an official name; as such, this name is purely conjectural. However, it will be used until an official name is released.
CORETale, more commonly referred to by its titular character CORE!Frisk, is an AU created by Tumblr user DokuDoki. This AU was the first to coin the term "multiverse" in the fandom, as well as popularize the multiverse theory, and has significantly contributed to the growth in popularity of the alternative universe creation.
The concept was heavily based on the very popular theory that W. D. Gaster has at some point fell into his creation (the CORE) and became scattered across time and space. In this AU it is assumed that a human falling into the CORE is affected in different ways than a monster would be.
The AU heavily follows its central character Frisk who upon falling into the CORE has attempted to RESET the world on the brink of their scattering, which caused them to not only be scattered in their own timeline, but in every timeline. Frisk has gained the ability to be everywhere at once and appear anywhere they want, at cost of losing their own RESET powers and humanity.
Frisk's adventure at the Underground is largely identical with the events in the game, specifically its Pacifist Run. Mesmerized by the adventure they began to continuously RESET the happy ending just to re-experience everything all over again countless times, not realizing their actions are wrong and harmful to the others - specifically Sans, who (while not directly remembering) was aware of the loop they were all trapped in, taking toll on his mental health. One day as he witnessed Frisk outside of the broken barrier about to RESET the world he snapped, dragged them all the way to the CORE, and threw them down in hopes that erasing the human from the existence will at last stop the loop. As the terrified Frisk attempted to save themselves through resetting, their SOUL was directly exposed to the CORE and the moment of scattering and reset aligned perfectly, causing them to become omnipresent.
Currently, the story of the AU hasn't further explored what has happened in Frisk's original timeline after the incident. However, it is known that no one remembers the existence of the human and that the Barrier is believed to have disappeared on its own.
By becoming scattered across time and space, Frisk has gained ability to be everywhere at once - also known as omnipresence. This means they are able to observe everything in the existence, even the typically imperceivable things (such as colors invisible to the human eye) in all timelines at once, in all of the presents, the pasts, and the futures. They can physically appear anywhere at anytime they wish, however because of the nature of the timelines and the multiverse their chance of manifesting is always exactly 50%, making their involvement in events rather inconsistent and at times seemingly random. It was hinted that their appearances are overcrowding the timelines with unnecessary splits where they shouldn't be - whether this has a negative effect on the multiverse as a whole is unknown.
CORE!Frisk's iconic grey appearance with two large black sockets is not their actual body, as they technically don't have a body. While it is tangible enough to be able pick up light objects, anything above the weight of "plate with a lot of spaghetti" will phase through the child's form. This makes Frisk practically immune to the physical attacks, but some things can still affect their body. Their eye sockets are connected among each body currently manifested, allowing Frisk to use them as a sort of "portal" among the timelines for transporting objects small enough to fit through the socket.
While not possessing any active powers, CORE!Frisk is without doubt one of the most powerful characters in all Undertale AUs through their sheer knowledge alone. Because of the omnipresence they are technically a part of every alternative universe ever created, whether they make an actual appearance or not. It is unknown whether Frisk can physically manifest in specialized locations, such as The Maker's Punishment, Christmas Party or anti-void, however it's been confirmed Frisk can directly perceive even typically inaccessible places. An important thing to consider is their known involvement with specialized locations such as The Omega Timeline, which would imply that CORE!Frisk either simply chooses not to go these places, or can only appear if certain conditions are met.
CORE!Frisk is a fickle, enigmatic child never able to grow up despite their nigh infinite knowledge and wise. They appear to have strong personal philosophies about the good and the bad that don't always seem to make sense - as they are able to befriend the antagonistic Reaper!Chara, but despise the equally antagonistic Reverse Reaper!Frisk. According to the author, CORE!Frisk is "the kind of person to break into your car just to turn off the lights you forgot on", which fits into the moral alignment of a Chaotic Good.
They are making very active efforts to make their behavior friendly and non intimidating to overcome their unsettling appearance, a typical habit of theirs involves them puffing up their cheeks to appear more cute. When distressed, they seem to have a habit to grip on the edge of their socket and bite their thumb.
It appears that CORE!Frisk has some form of PTSD, as they are greatly terrified of the sound of sirens, gunshots, planes, and explosive noises such as fireworks. They get a panic attack if they're pointed at with a gun.
Sans is the person who threw Frisk into the CORE in a (successful) attempt to stop the timeline RESETs. While he doesn't directly remember the human, thanks to his special notes he's aware of what happened despite having no recollection of the incident. It appears he still carries resentment towards Frisk and their past actions.
Very little is revealed about CORE!Frisk's Chara so far. It is confirmed that Frisk was unable to see Chara despite the first human being bound to their soul as a ghost.
- "So, go ahead and watch everything from above like some gods, if that's what floats your boat. A person's life might mean nothing to you, but to that person it means a lot. Go ahead and sulk about how you couldn't save them because of fate while I go save them!"
- "Some timelines are truly miserable... And then there are timelines where everyone has Mettaton's legs except Mettaton, or a timeline where I'm an octopus. Seriously, what's the point?!"
- "Wiggity wack what's up, pumpkins? I have crafted this totally cool outfit just 4U in order to satisfy your curiosity. ... uh... swag."
- "Your impact is a lot less significant than you think, Sans. You're not special, nor a priority. Definitely not the worst out there."
- "Oh my? I see where this is going. You're trying to make me flustered, or embarrassed in general. Alternatively you want to see whether I'm capable of keeping a straight face during the explanation. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid that won't work. Not with something like this. I'm used to people trying to make me react through dirty questions. Well, I don't mind explaining to you what tentacle incest is, but what's the point? After all... you already know, don't you?"
- An early concept of CORE!Frisk was much darker and disturbing than their current version - their legs were cut off and bleeding profusely, and they had a large wound on their stomach. They were also able to levitate and manipulate electronic objects, much like the amalgamate Memoryhead.
- The human's full name is Frisk Marusina, their birthday is February 29th, they were nine years old when they became scattered, and they are four feet tall.
- CORE!Frisk has their own in-universe Tumblr blog with username coreo that is described to be "one of the greatest mysteries of the 21st century. [It has] millions of subscribers among which are scientists and historians who keep an eye out for possibly breakthrough updates which will help to advance the humanity."
- They run a business called "CORE!Frisk's Dumb Ask Disposal Service", or short "DADS", dedicated to removing the unwanted asks from people's inboxes.
- They have dysgraphia.
- Frisk has burn scars on their back.
- In past the author has described CORE!Frisk to be able to absorb souls - a concept which was eventually scrapped completely.
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/132561906731/corefrisk-an-au-i-thought-about-for-a-long-time
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/132766855786/how-exactly-did-frisk-become-corefrisk-i-dont
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/133069733976/ok-but-how-did-frisk-fall-into-the-core
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/137411654606/hello-missmr-core-ive-been-wondering-why-dont
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/134722345151/sorry-if-youve-answered-this-before-but-do
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/136258129761/can-core-frisk-really-get-hurt-or-is-that
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/151167396986/does-core-frisk-have-any-fears-that-arent-related
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/156098995266/its-been-a-long-time-since-you-posted-anything
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/139103494036/does-corefrisk-also-have-their-own-chara-or-did
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/145637427311/corefrisk-you-still-have-to-clean-your
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/138473576301/they-have-dysgraphia
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/138017090146/i-always-wanted-to-make-one-of-these-for
- ↑ http://dokudoki.tumblr.com/post/138028133011/you-never-mentioned-any-burn-scars-you-monster